Locations with cases
• Local transmission: cases have been acquired in the country. Some cases may have no known links to confirmed cases.
• Outbreak: Countries in this category may have any or all of the following characteristics.
- > 1000 cases
- Locally-acquired cases in many areas
- Many exported cases
- < 100 cases per day
- > 2 weeks declining case numbers
- Sporadic cases or clusters of cases as per ▵WHO criteria
- Some lifting of restrictions
- No new cases in over 14 days
- Sporadic cases, clusters of cases or pending as per ▵WHO criteria
- Restrictions eased
The information presented here is maintained by International SOS's global team of medical and public health professionals, compiling data from publicly available sources which include: the World Health Organization, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, individual Ministries of Health, and robust media sources. See also International SOS Medical Information & Analysis
On 11 March 2020, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 to be a pandemic.
International SOS has aligned the colour scheme for the status of countries to use those in the Impact Assessment tool.
Members should consult the alerts on the Members Website, Premium Services Members can also access the location pages through the links by clicking on countries in the map above.